Universal Orlando is growing and has announced plans to add a fourth theme park. Universal Orlando currently consists of
2 theme parks, Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
1 shopping district, CityWalk
1 water park, Volcano Bay
8 Resorts, 2 value, 2 prime value, 1 preferred & 3 premier
There is a resort that is a good fit for every family’s travel style & budget.
Although Universal Orlando has not announced an opening date range for the new theme park, they have released an official name “Epic Universe”. They say that the park will offer an experience genuinely worthy of its bold moniker.
Universal has stated that Epic Universe will offer an entirely new level of experiences that will forever redefine theme park entertainment. It will challenge guests to venture beyond their wildest imagination by traveling through stories & vibrant lands.
The new location will not only feature a theme park, but also include an entertainment center, hotels, shops, restaurants and more. Nothing has been announced about specific themes inside the park or any details on how the park tickets or hotels will be offered.
It appears that the new theme park will be within driving distance from the current hotels & theme parks. I can only speculate that they will offer bus transportation from their resorts to the new theme park, but I can’t even begin to guess how they might handle transportation for guests who want to hop between all three theme parks in one day.
We don’t have a lot of details yet, but here’s what we do know. (or we think we know)
- This will be the first Universal park to adopt the traditional wheel-and-spoke design designed by Disneyland
- The new district is about 750 acres where the current location is 725 acres
- Guests will most likely use shuttle to go between the current parks and the new district
- It may have it’s own dining & shopping district inside the park
- Four different Lands are planned and will be isolated from everything else much like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- The only themed area we know that identity to is Super Nintendo World
When will the new theme park open? Will this theme park draw in more fans? What will the theme & attractions be like? How will transportation work? These are all questions that we are waiting to hear answers for. Stay tuned for more information on Universal’s upcoming them park, Epic Universe.
Let me help plan the details of your Universal Orlando Vacation!
- Itinerary plans and printed itinerary booklet that will service as a guide for your day to day activities as well as a fun keepsake when you return.
- Fee-Free Planning. All of my planning assistance is complimentary when you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that universal offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
- Custom Client Portal – I always like to stay on top of the newest technology and once you are booked, we can set up a free client portal where we can share documents & you can view details about your vacation.
You get all of this complimentary planning, and more, when you book your Universal vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
My name is Melissa and I am a princess living among three princes and a pooch, I’m also a theme park fanatic and a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend, in one of the Orlando theme parks with my family enjoying all the exciting entertainment.
Contact me for complimentary, concierge planning assistance for your next Universal Orlando vacation.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures