Disney Cruise Fans everywhere have been holding their breath to hear about when the newest ship in the fleet will set sail. Named the Disney Wish, it was supposed to sail in January 2022, but due to covid has been delayed until summer of 2022.
Read through for more details…
Disney Cruise Line has plenty of amazing itineraries lined up for 2022. If you have Future Cruise Credits with Disney Cruise Line, they likely expire in 2022 & you will want to book your next cruise asap. You can contact your travel advisor to redeem those future cruise credits now. Historically rates only increase and are never lower than the day that they release. Contact us today for a complimentary quote and we can even hold a cruise for you while you think about it.
We have personally cruised on all four of Disney’s ships & we are here to help you plan your cruise.
2022 Reservations open as follows:
- Platinum Castaway Club Members & Golden Oak: Bookings Open Oct. 19
- Gold Castaway Club Members: Bookings Open Oct. 20
- Silver Castaway Club Members, DVC Members & AbD Insiders: Bookings Open Oct. 21
- Reservations for everyone Open Oct. 22
Hawaiian Islands Cruises from Honolulu and Vancouver
The Disney Wonder returns to Hawaii in early 2022 for two special 10-night cruises: a voyage to Honolulu from Vancouver, Canada, on April 26, and a return sailing to Vancouver on May 6.
Guests will discover the breathtaking beauty of the Hawaiian Islands, including the famous beaches of Waikiki on Oahu; unforgettable views from high atop the summit of Haleakala Crater on Maui; the lush tropical gardens and waterfalls of Kauai; and the diverse natural wonders of Hawaii Island.
Even More Family Vacations from Florida
Vacationers can combine a Disney cruise getaway with a stay at Walt Disney World Resort in early 2022 with two ships sailing from Port Canaveral near Orlando, Florida, and a third ship departing from Miami. Every cruise from Florida in early 2022 includes a visit to Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
- From Port Canaveral, the Disney Fantasy begins the year with a six-night Western Caribbean cruise, followed by seven-night voyages to a variety of favorite destinations in the Eastern and Western Caribbean.
- The Disney Dream, also sailing from Port Canaveral, embarks on three- and four-night Bahamian cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay. Offering even more fun in the sun, one special four-night cruise includes two stops at Castaway Cay.
- From Miami, the Disney Magic sails four- and five-night Bahamian cruises and five-night Western Caribbean cruises. One special three-night sailing to Castaway Cay and Key West, Florida, makes the perfect long weekend escape. With a variety of options from Florida to choose from, guests can look forward to embarking on a vacation that provides something for everyone in the family, combining the adventure and relaxation of tropical destinations, the ease and indulgence of an ocean cruise, and the world-class entertainment and service of a Disney vacation.
Popular Tropical Destinations from Galveston and New Orleans
The Disney Wonder sails Western Caribbean getaways early in the year, first from Galveston, Texas, with four-night itineraries, followed by four- and six-night voyages from New Orleans.
A special six-night Bahamian voyage offered from both Galveston and New Orleans gives guests the opportunity to visit Castaway Cay, in addition to the lively town of Key West.
Baja Getaways from San Diego
The Disney Wonder returns to San Diego in March and April with cruises to Baja, Mexico, where guests can enjoy vibrant culture, stunning beaches and exciting water activities.
Most sailings to the Baja peninsula call on the charming coastal city of Ensenada, known for its turquoise blue water and rugged mountainous terrain. A two-night cruise to Ensenada has a Friday departure from San Diego, giving guests the ultimate weekend getaway to experience world-class entertainment aboard the Disney Wonder.
Four- and five-night Baja cruises include a visit to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, a favored destination with dramatic rock formations and white-sand beaches, or to Catalina Island, a tropical gem off the California coast with plenty of outdoor adventures and seaside charm.
Originally planned to sail in early 2022, the Disney Wish is now scheduled for its maiden voyage in summer 2022 due to pandemic-related delays at the Meyer-Werft shipyard in Germany. As previously announced, the Disney Wish will be powered by liquefied natural gas or LNG, one of the cleanest-burning fuels available. At approximately 144,000 gross tons and 1,250 guest staterooms, the ship will be slightly larger than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
Updated Stateroom Categories
Beginning in 2022, Disney Cruise Line will be updating existing stateroom categories to provide greater consistency across the fleet.
We are eliminating some categories and modifying the concierge categories in an effort to make things more intuitive for our guests. Not all stateroom categories are changing, and the number of staterooms and cabin numbers will remain the same for all ships.
These changes will not go into effect until 2022. For sailings in 2020 and 2021, we will continue to sell the current stateroom categories.
Contact us for assistance planning your next Disney Cruise Line vacation at no additional cost to you.
3 Reasons to book through Pixie Dust Adventures
- Complimentary planning with no extra fees
- Concierge service offers you a dedicated travel advisor from start to finish who knows you
- Customized vacations that are all about you and what is best for you & not anyone else
- We know you, we are here for you & we always recommend what is in your best interest.
- We sit on hold so you don’t have to.
- We assist you in making sure you are in the know about your vacation, so you don’t miss any important reservations to make your trip run smoothly when you arrive.
You get all of this and more when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a princess living among three princes and a pooch, I’m also a theme park fanatic and the owner of Pixie Dust Adventures. You will find me almost every weekend, in one of the Orlando theme parks with my family, lying on a beach or planning our next cruise. I am insatiably curious about the world around me and I love being entertained; that is what sparks my desire to travel.
To contact me directly, send an email to Melissa@PixieDustAdventures.com
Make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel for family friendly vacation content
Visit our website to learn more about us
Follow us on Facebook for current news and fun chatter
Find us on Instagram for daily Disney photos