I always encourage travelers to purchase some type of travel insurance for their vacations. This can cover a wide range of things from cancellation due to illness or weather and also travel delay due to weather or airline reasons. If you have to cancel your trip due to a covered reason the Travel Protection plan will provide a refund for the prepaid non-refundable portion of your trip.
Today the Walt Disney Travel Company has announced a big change in the prices of their travel protection policy effective August 7th 2019. The price increase is $5.00 per adult & $.50 per child 17 & under. This increase will affect for Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort & Aulani vacations.
Starting August 7th, 2019, Walt Disney Travel Company will charge the following if guests elect to add travel protection insurance to their vacations
children are age 17 & under
|Walt Disney World|
|Disneyland Resort||Aulani, A Disney|
Resort & Spa
|$82.50 per adult||$75.50 per adult||$93.50 per adult|
|$6.00 per child||$5.50 per child||$6.50 per child|
Another things to note is that if a guests’ vacation travel dates are modified and their package includes non-refundable airfare, or other non-refundable charges have been incurred, they must purchase a new Travel protection Plan in order to obtain coverage for the revised travel dates. This procedure applies even if the guest states that they will not be filling a claim on the non-refundable charges.
If a new guest is added to an exsiting reservation, the newly updated price will be charged.
If you plan to add vacation protection to your Disney vacation package, now is the time to do it. The travel protection plan must be paid for in full at the time it is purchased. Disney states that guests’ have 14 days to review the policy & get a refund if they do not like the terms. After that review period, the travel protection plan is non-refundable.
Let me help plan the details of your Walt Disney World Vacation!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of personal experience.
- Receive a welcome packet when you book, with park information & a custom planning calendar.
- Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular Disney Restaurants. *based on availability
- Fastpass+ assistance. Undecided on which attractions are the best for your family? I’m happy to help you plan to utilize your Fastpasses to your advantage and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
- Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
- Fee-Free Planning. All of my planning assistance is complimentary when you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
- Custom Client Portal – I always like to stay on top of the newest technology and once you are booked, we can set up a free client portal where we can share documents & you can view details about your vacation.
- Help planning visits to other Orlando area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions to your vacation, why not get assistance from someone who is local and has been there?
You get all of this complimentary planning, and more, when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & fill out a quote form, or contact me so we can set up a time to chat about your dream vacation.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney theme parks with my family exploring all of the newest things that Disney has to offer.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures
By: Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures