Universal Orlando is long overdue for a new thrill ride and we’ve been waiting to hear what attraction would replace the Dueling Dragons roller coaster in Hogsmeade. Now we have more new details, an opening date & even a video interview with Tom Felton (who plays Draco Malfoy) and Alan Gilmore (Art director for the Harry Potter films).
What we know:
Universal Orlando tells us…
It begins when guests join Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class and board magical motorbikes specially designed to make them feel the freedom of flight. For this journey, guests can either ride the motorcycle or board the adjacent sidecar, providing two unique experiences. For the first time, fans will soar through the Forbidden Forest and come face-to-face with some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures… but as often the case with Hagrid, things don’t go as planned.
- Opening Date: June 13th, 2019
- You must be 48-inches or taller to ride the roller coaster, with specially designed cars to make you feel the freedom of flight.
- This new experience combines a new level of storytelling and innovative coaster technology with rich environments and sets – including an actual forest with 1,200 live trees!
- Guests will hurl past challenging obstacles, drop into an endless pit of Devil’s Snare and so much more …while encountering a few surprises along the way.
- Encounter some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures, such as a majestic Centaur; a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies; Fluffy the three-headed dog; and even one that’s never been seen in the films.
- Guests will experience a freewheeling coaster flight where they will twist, turn and rush forward – and backward – at speeds of up to 50 mph into the dark forest.
Who else is excited to be one of the first to experience this brand new, thrilling attraction at Universal Orlando?
Let me help plan the details of your Wizarding World Universal Orlando Vacation!
- Itinerary plans and printed itinerary booklet that will service as a guide for your day to day activities as well as a fun keepsake when you return.
- Fee-Free Planning. All of my planning assistance is complimentary when you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that universal offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
- Custom Client Portal – I always like to stay on top of the newest technology and once you are booked, we can set up a free client portal where we can share documents & you can view details about your vacation.
You get all of this complimentary planning, and more, when you book your Universal vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a theme park fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend, in one of the Orlando theme parks with my family, exploring all of the newest things that they have to offer.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures