The theme parks at Universal Orlando have a number of attractions that will not allow you to bring bags or backpacks on with you on the ride. Both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure offer free & paid lockers to assist you in storing personal items.
Free lockers where you can store your gear are listed below. The free storage time is calculated based on the current attraction wait time + the duration of the ride. After that time each additional half hour is $3 with a daily max of $20. If you run into any attraction hiccups that extend your time, at attraction attendant can help you.
Universal Studios Free Ride Lockers:
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Men In Black Alien Attack
- Revenge of the Mummy
Islands of Adventure Free Ride Lockers:
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
Small items that you can fit in your pocket or in a fanny pack can go with you on most of the attractions. The exception to this rule is Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit. For both of those roller coasters you must go through a metal screening area & will be sent away if you have anything in your pockets.
Standard size lockers are free and will fit most items in them. If you have a refillable cup, it may not fit standing up alongside of a backpack or popcorn bucket. The large lockers can fit multiple or larger items, but cost $2 + $3 for every added half hour, with a max of $20.
Pre-Paid Ride Lockers
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
If you have belongings that you don’t want to get soaked on the above water attractions, you can put them in the standard lockers for $4 or $5 for large lockers. The first 90 minutes is included and $3 is added for each additional hour with a $20 daily max.
We often bring several zip-lock bags with us or large plastic shopping bags; we put our electronics in the zip locks & our back packs inside the plastic shopping bags & take them on the water rides with us.
I hope this helps give you a little insight on the bag situation at Universal Orlando.
Let me help plan the details of your celebrity style, Universal Orlando Vacation!
- Itinerary plans and printed itinerary booklet that will service as a guide for your day to day activities as well as a fun keepsake when you return.
- Tips Tricks and Planning sheets printed and mailed with your final travel documents
- Fee-Free Planning. All of my planning assistance is complimentary when you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that universal offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
- Custom Client Portal – I always like to stay on top of the newest technology and once you are booked, we can set up a free client portal where we can share documents & you can view details about your vacation.
You get all of this complimentary planning, and more, when you book your Universal vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a princess living among three princes and a pooch, I’m also a theme park fanatic and a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend, in one of the Orlando theme parks with my family, enjoying all the exciting entertainment.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures